By becoming a part of the Devexperts team, you’ll become a part of a company that fosters self-improvement and actively seeks out-of-the-box ideas. At Devexperts, we solve complex technological challenges facing the most well-respected financial institutions worldwide.
We are looking for an experienced Team Lead to guide the team of less experienced engineers and simultaneously to manage daily project operations and to communicate with the project’s customer’s team. You will be responsible for individual professional growth of your subordinates, managing team members’ tasks on a daily basis, supervising and guiding distributed team of professionals along with working through requirements with the customer’s team. Being primary technical point of contact for the customer you should have excellent communication skills, a technical mindset with great attention to details, ability to analyze suggested approaches and come up with better solutions.
- oversee day-to-day team operation;
- foster junior developers;
- maintain and improve the development process (scrum-like);
- analyze and work on requirements with the customer’s team (including implementation specifics);
- estimate requirements efforts;
- create tasks on requirements basis and distribute within the team;
- oversee implementation details to ensure consistency with initial design;
- participate in code reviews;
- write code.
- 5+ years of software development in commercial projects;
- experience as a team lead in a group of 4-5 developers;
- strong knowledge of Java programming language;
- understanding of testing pyramid, particularly unit, integration and acceptance testing;
- knowledge of development methodologies;
- high quality organizational and leadership skills;
- English: intermediate level or above, enough for reading/writing technical documentation and verbal communication with the customer.
Additional skills considered as an advantage:
- strong knowledge of Java concurrency;
- experience with Spring framework;
- desire to mentor people and share knowledge;
- experience in software and application design and architecture;
- great understanding of XP practices and desire to implement them.
We welcome all candidates who believe, as we do, that innovation is grounded in education. Our teams work together, improving their skills to create the next generation of financial software solutions. Under this philosophy, Devexperts is always supporting and encouraging employees to participate in events, attend trainings, and obtain professional recognition.