By becoming a part of the Devexperts team, you’ll become a part of a company that fosters self-improvement and actively seeks out-of-the-box ideas. At Devexperts, we solve complex technological challenges facing the most well-respected financial institutions worldwide.
We are looking for an experienced Java Software Engineer to fill an opening in a distributed cross-functional team. You will work on the backend of a trading platform that provides access to all possible market segments to users all over the world.
This is an incredible opportunity to work on high availability and consistency of a distributed system that processes millions of operations on daily basis. On top of that you’ll be presented other challenges such as (but not limited to):
- Improving system’s throughput and incorporating performance testing into our CI pipelines
- Scaling services horizontally
- Providing and maintaining 24/7 availability
Along with that you’re going to be expected to maintain high test coverage and instill best coding practices. Finally, all the team is actively involved with system health monitoring and its support.
- Developing new features
- Writing unit and integration tests
- Maintaining, documenting and improving existing code base
- Participating in agile team activities
- Analyzing and working on requirements and estimations
- Mentoring and knowledge sharing
- 3+ years of software development in commercial projects
- Strong knowledge of Java programming language
- Understanding of testing pyramid, particularly unit, integration and acceptance testing
- Desire to write, optimize, document and maintain code and thoroughly cover it with tests
- Desire to achieve goals as a team, willingness to help colleagues and ability to give/take criticism
- Proficient English language (C1 and higher) to be able to communicate with the team and client
- Experience with Spring framework
- Hands-on experience writing concurrent Java code
- Understanding of XP practices and desire to implement them
- Desire to mentor people and share knowledge
We welcome all candidates who believe, as we do, that innovation is grounded in education. Our teams work together, improving their skills to create the next generation of financial software solutions. Under this philosophy, Devexperts is always supporting and encouraging employees to participate in events, attend trainings, and obtain professional recognition.