By becoming a part of the Devexperts team, you’ll become a part of a company that fosters self-improvement and actively seeks out-of-the-box ideas. At Devexperts, we solve complex technological challenges facing the most well-respected financial institutions worldwide.
We are looking for a Java Backend Developer to join our distributed team of professionals. We are developing one of the best trading systems in the USA serving more than 200k online users each day. The system uses several channels to provide the service, desktop, mobile and web, each one with unique properties.
You will work mostly on the backend to help in integration of the two biggest brokers staying behind the system, to change existing behavior and add new one to meet actual requirements. This is a great opportunity to get new experience, share your one with the team and make something used by millions of users.
We’re running agile process, kind of Kanban. We use Jira for task management, Bitbucket + Git as VCS, TeamCity for CI and automated deployments, Splunk for monitoring. We are coding in java 8, using mostly core java, Spring for several purposes, Junit5 + AssertJ + Mockito for tests.
We expect the Java Backend Developer to:
- change existing features, develop new features, and participate in the integration of various components
- maintain, document and improve existing code base
- write unit and integration tests
- participate in team activities along with communication with client
The candidate is required to have:
- knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- solid knowledge of Core Java: Maps and Collections, Exceptions, Streams, lambda-functions, etc.
- ability to write, optimize, document and maintain code and thoroughly cover it with tests
- willingness and energy to take your ideas all the way from proof of concept to production-proof code
- general responsibility and result-oriented mindset
- desire to achieve goals as a team, willingness to help colleagues and ability to give/take criticism
- English language B1 and higher to be able to communicate with the team and client
Additional skills considered an advantage:
- experience in concurrent programming: Queues, Threads, Executors, etc.
- understanding of distributed computing
- experience with asynchronous communications
- fundamentals of Linux knowledge
We welcome all candidates who believe, as we do, that innovation is grounded in education. Our teams work together, improving their skills to create the next generation of financial software solutions. Under this philosophy, Devexperts always supports and encourages employees to participate in events, attend workshops, and obtain professional recognition.