Vacancies in Chicago
If you are interested in working at Devexperts and want to apply for a vacancy below, don't hesitate to send your CV to email@example.com. If you failed to find a desired position, please feel free to send us your CV and a covering letter with the description of the position you wish to apply for.
- Participate in one or more software development projects, working in a team of 3 to 10 developers
- Develop and debug program code, design system architecture, research into newest software technologies and development tools as well as project domain
- Take part in project activities: requirements analysis, release building, code review
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science
- 3+ years of software development in commercial projects
- Solid knowledge of fundamental data structures and algorithms
- Good understanding of OOD/OOA principles
- Knowledge of design patterns, experience in system architecture development
- Knowledge of Java in scope of J2SE specification
- English: intermediate level or above, enough for reading/writing technical documentation
- Responsible, proactive, self-dependent person
- Good communication skills, readiness for teamwork
Additional skills considered as an advantage:
- Experience in development of software for financial or brokerage business
- Understanding of parallel programming, experience in multithreaded application development
- Understanding of relational databases design, SQL knowledge, working experience with Oracle and MySQL
- Knowledge of 2 or more programming languages
- Knowledge of Unix-family OS
- Experience in development of distributed software systems with strong performance and reliability requirements
- Experience in GUI design
- Experience in Web and mobile application development
- Knowledge of newest Java development technologies, libraries and frameworks (Spring, Hibernate, Swing, GWT, etc.)
- Knowledge of methodologies and principles of application lifecycle management, experience with bug tracking, version control and requirements management systems
- Participate in one or more software development projects, working in a team of 3 to 10 developers;
- Develop and debug program code, design system architecture, research into newest software technologies and development tools as well as project domain;
- Take part in project activities: requirements analysis, release building, code review.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science;
- 2+ years of software development in commercial projects;
- Knowledge of fundamental data structures and algorithms;
- Good understanding of OOD/OOA principles;
- Good knowledge of Java in scope of J2SE specification;
- English: intermediate level or above, enough for reading/writing technical documentation;
- Proven ability to be responsible proactive and independent in a problem-solving environment;
- Excellent communication skills and proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment.
Additional skills considered as an advantage:
- Experience in development of software for financial or brokerage business;
- Understanding of parallel programming, experience in multithreaded application development;
- Understanding of relational databases design, SQL knowledge, working experience with Oracle and MySQL;
- Knowledge of 2 or more programming languages;
- Knowledge of design patterns, experience in system architecture development;
- Knowledge of Unix-family OS;
- Experience in development of distributed software systems with strong performance and reliability requirements;
- Experience in GUI design;
- Experience in Web and mobile application development;
- Knowledge of newest Java development technologies, libraries and frameworks (Spring, Hibernate, Swing, GWT, etc.) ;
- Knowledge of methodologies and principles of application lifecycle management, experience with bug tracking, version control and requirements management systems.
In our company you will:
- Participate in multiple projects as a developer of client-server solutions for mobile platforms;
- Create new and enhance existing products;
- Research new technologies, platforms and development tools;
- Be a part of highly skilled and creative development team;
- Learn new tricks from senior colleagues, teach juniors.
Platforms we develop for:
- Google Android;
- Apple iOS
- BS or higher technical degree in Computer Science or a closely related field;
- 2+ years of experience in software development;
- Solid knowledge of common data structures and algorithms;
- Good knowledge of Java technologies and language;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to search for required information without assistance, share knowledge with the team.
Also the following knowledge or experience will be to your advantage:
- Experience of development for Android or development of cross-platform code;
- Experience with financial, brokerage or exchange-related software;
- Solid knowledge of multithreading;
- Relation DB principles and structure, knowledge of SQL;
- OOP Patterns, OOD;
- User Interface design and usability design experience.
We're looking for a UX Designer to help evolve the mobile and web experiences for our customer, an upscale investment company. The person occupying this position will be responsible for designing new features and improving existing products while working in a multi-national product team. This is a full-time position in our office in Chicago.
What you will do:
- Create outstanding visual and interaction designs and comprehensive information architecture and user flows for our mobile trading apps;
- Collaborate with peer designers, product managers, engineers, and other stakeholders choosing the right kind of design deliverable for each situation;
- Explain and negotiate design solutions to key stakeholders both on client and on engineering side;
- Follow and influence design style and brand guidelines;
- Create, maintain and share project documentation and UX guidelines after project execution;
- Be able to operate in a fast-paced, distributed multi-national team of designers and engineers;
- Disseminate the best practices in UX across the organization.
- Solid background in a relevant field, such as Design, HCI, Psychology, or commensurate work experience; degree a plus;
- Strong portfolio showcasing your best work, including samples illustrating the creative exploration and evolution process (sketches, mocks, mark-up - not just finished product screenshots);
- Expert proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Axure, Balsamiq Mockups, OmniGraffle, and/or other design and prototyping software ;
- Ability to create pixel-level mockups and/or clickable high-fidelity prototypes from scratch and based on an existing style guide;
- Familiarity with user-interface guidelines and best practices for major mobile platforms (iOS, Android, Windows Phone) and an understanding of the capabilities, limitations, and tradeoffs of various technologies;
- Knowledge of usability heuristics, UX best practices and patterns for mobile and touch applications;
- Experience working with clients directly;
- Ability to assess, prioritize and make trade-offs against business, technical and user constraints;
- Ability to effectively negotiate conflict and persuade others on the merits of a design solution.;
- Passion for learning and staying current with latest design trends;
- Strong communication & presentation skills;
- Effective time management skills to balance project schedule with fast-paced goals.
How to Apply:
Send us your resume (containing a link to portfolio) and a cover letter (1 page maximum) explaining:
- Why you may be the ideal candidate for this position;
- Why you want to design the best mobile trading app;
- What could be the most useful feature of a mobile trading app next to trading.
The Quality Engineer is responsible for all testing activities throughout the software development life cycle. This includes Quality Assurance activities performed during the requirements and design phases and Quality Control activities performed during development and testing phases.
- develop a test strategy based on the project requirements and schedule;
- design, develop and execute test cases using project specifications;
- report defects found in testing diligently, promptly and accurately using standard defect tracking tools;
- report test progress against schedules;
- provide a test summary report that reflects the quality attributes of the software under test;
- communicate with development, project management and customer stakeholders where necessary;
- perform both new functionality and regression tests;
- perform Manual and Automated testing, as needed, for the project.
Requirements and Professional Qualifications:
- two or more years of software testing experience in a professional software development environment;
- strong experience and skill with software test tools, including defect tracking software;
- strong analytical, problem solving and judgment skills;
- knowledge of client-server, stand-alone, java-based software development;
- prior programming experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
If you have an understanding of qualified help desk or a desire to find out what it is and test your skills - come and see us!
Your future colleagues, guys who were in your place a couple years ago and then possessing extensive theoretical knowledge and a great desire to use it in a successful company, are now seasoned experts with bright professional future.
What will your responsibilities be?
Provide technical support and monitor remote software systems.
What knowledge is required from you?
Basic idea of networks. Basic skills in Linux-console (SQL will be a plus). English - to communicate with the customer by e-mail and phone.
What should you be ready for?
Working shifts, technical training in your team.
- administration of UNIX/Linux OS. Installation, configuration and maintenance;
- active assistance to developers;
- assembly and configuration of server hardware;
- active participation in 24/7 support coverage; fast troubleshooting of incoming problems;
- knowledge exchange with fellow colleagues;
- communicating with client and partner company representatives.
- associates degree in a technical discipline
- 3+ years experience in UNIX/Linux administration (Ubuntu, RHEL will be a plus)
- required knowledge of TCP/IP stack
- proficiency in shell script languages awk, perl and e.t.c.
- strong analysis, investigation and troubleshooting skills
- good command of written and spoken English language
- preferred experience in cluster technologies and high availability systems
- knowledge of Java programming language will be a plus