Senior UX Designer (mobile)
We're looking for a UX Designer to help evolve the mobile and web experiences for our customer, an upscale investment company. The person occupying this position will be responsible for designing new features and improving existing products while working in a multi-national product team. This is a full-time position in our office in Chicago.
What you will do:
- Create outstanding visual and interaction designs and comprehensive information architecture and user flows for our mobile trading apps;
- Collaborate with peer designers, product managers, engineers, and other stakeholders choosing the right kind of design deliverable for each situation;
- Explain and negotiate design solutions to key stakeholders both on client and on engineering side;
- Follow and influence design style and brand guidelines;
- Create, maintain and share project documentation and UX guidelines after project execution;
- Be able to operate in a fast-paced, distributed multi-national team of designers and engineers;
- Disseminate the best practices in UX across the organization.
- Solid background in a relevant field, such as Design, HCI, Psychology, or commensurate work experience; degree a plus;
- Strong portfolio showcasing your best work, including samples illustrating the creative exploration and evolution process (sketches, mocks, mark-up - not just finished product screenshots);
- Expert proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Axure, Balsamiq Mockups, OmniGraffle, and/or other design and prototyping software ;
- Ability to create pixel-level mockups and/or clickable high-fidelity prototypes from scratch and based on an existing style guide;
- Familiarity with user-interface guidelines and best practices for major mobile platforms (iOS, Android, Windows Phone) and an understanding of the capabilities, limitations, and tradeoffs of various technologies;
- Knowledge of usability heuristics, UX best practices and patterns for mobile and touch applications;
- Experience working with clients directly;
- Ability to assess, prioritize and make trade-offs against business, technical and user constraints;
- Ability to effectively negotiate conflict and persuade others on the merits of a design solution.;
- Passion for learning and staying current with latest design trends;
- Strong communication & presentation skills;
- Effective time management skills to balance project schedule with fast-paced goals.
How to Apply:
Send us your resume (containing a link to portfolio) and a cover letter (1 page maximum) explaining:
- Why you may be the ideal candidate for this position;
- Why you want to design the best mobile trading app;
- What could be the most useful feature of a mobile trading app next to trading.